Observing a Monarch butterfly as it transforms itself from caterpillar to chrysalis to butterfly is among the most thrilling experiences that nature offers. Raising Monarch butterflies is made easy with the help of this detailed guide.
How to Raise Monarch Butterflies explains what threats Monarchs face today and how readers can help conserve the Monarch's feeding grounds from encroachment. Revel in one of the most remarkable miracles of nature.
This updated edition contains:
- More than 40 new colorful and detailed photos
- More secrets to help you find eggs and caterpillars
- Instructions on how to feed a monarch and more details on their care
- Expanded information on varieties and propagation of milkweed
- New page on the diverse insects in the milkweed patch
- New suggestions for starting a butterfly garden, including a large photograph of an outstanding Monarch Waystation
Age Range: 6 - 12 years
Grade Level: 1 - 7
Series: How It Works
Paperback: 48 pages
Publisher: Firefly Books; Revised and Updated edition (March 8, 2012)