Each Monarch Watch Standard Tagging Kit includes a set of monarch
butterfly tags (you specify quantity), a datasheet (which may be
photocopied if necessary), tagging instructions, and additional
**Tagging Kits are a seasonal item and begin to ship August 1st via USPS First Class Mail**
- Tags ship in August to focus on the monarchs migrating to Mexico for overwintering. Migration season is from September - November
- Not all pre-ordered Tagging Kits ship ON August 1st. We ship orders each day until we are caught up, starting with the northernmost addresses and working south. It can sometimes take 2-3 weeks to get all pre-ordered kits shipped.
- Tagging Kits ordered after August 1st usually ship within 5-10 business days of the date they are ordered. If you order in early August, your order could take 2-3 weeks to ship.
USPS First Class Mail can take 5-7 days to be delivered. For orders placed after August 1st, please allow 2 weeks from the order date for delivery before requesting a replacement.
- Tags are only good for the year they are issued.
- Please only order
enough tags for your tagging activities this year.
- Monarch Tags are only shipped to areas east of the Rocky Mountains.
We welcome you to visit http://www.monarchwatch.org/tagmig for more information about:
- How to tag monarchs. A video can also be viewed here.
- Why we only tag monarchs in time for fall migration
- To print or submit data sheets
- To view tag recoveries from previous years
- And much more about our tagging program