Milkweed, Monarchs and More: A Field Guide to the Invertebrate Community in the Milkweed Patch (Field version, 2nd Edition)
This 4.75" x 7" full-color field guide covers the diverse natural community that thrives on milkweed. We invite you to explore milkweed patches for a fascinating glimpse into the complex interdependence of life on our planet. Milkweed, Monarchs and More has found its way into classrooms, homes, and nature centers – it is a wonderful resource for monarch enthusiasts of all ages.
- Over 300 full-color photos.
- Entries on insects and spiders at the order and family levels—including photos of representative individuals, scientific and common names, identifying features, life cycles, sizes, and ranges.
- Color-coded symbols indicating the animals’ roles in the milkweed community.
- An overview of insect and arachnid body structures.
- Explanations of terms and concepts helpful in organizing and sharing observations.
- An overview of unique features of the milkweed family—including photos, range, and identifying features for 16 species found in North America.
- Explanations of terms and concepts helpful in organizing and sharing observations and references.
Authors: Ba Rea, Karen Oberhauser, Michael A. Quinn
Type: Trade paper, perfect bound